Tiramasu Cupcake with Marscapone frosting.
Ok on Monday I made Tiramasu cupcakes. These cupcakes were a little intense to make. First I made the cupcakes which called for a lot of eggs, supposedly to make the cake more stable for a glaze to be pored on top. The glaze was simple Marsala wine, strong coffee and a bit of sugar. The frosting was made with marscapone cheese. Its an Italian sweet cream cheese, not sweet when by its self, but what ever. Each individual section didn't taste good to me. the cake was spongy, the wine sauce bitter and the frosting didn't seem right to me, but once the wine sauce was poured onto the cakes and the frosting applied it all came together. As you can see from the picture it wasn't one of the prettiest cupcakes I have made but it turned out kinda of tasty. I have never had Tiramasu before so I have nothing to compare it to, but over all it wasn't bad.
I should tell you in following the recipe when Martha says fill cupcake liner on 3/4 of the way she means it. Some of mine were a little over filled and in this recipe the cake doesn't rise a hole lot instead it reaches a certain point then just spread.
It took me a couple of days to get this post up because I had planned on putting it up when I got home from work yesterday but that plan was interrupted by my husbands grandma, who lives with us by the and is 93 years old, playing bumper cars in the front yard and trying to take out out 12 foot drive thru fence. She is ok but now we plan for the repairs.
Tomorrow banana and pecan cupcakes.
Till next baking time.
No comments:
Post a Comment