Tuesday, May 3, 2011


Rhubarb Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting



OMG. Is the only way to describe this cupcake.

I have never tried rhubarb before today, and I have to say I am not really into trying anything new but I did. And I have to say it was well worth it.

While cutting up the rhubarb I was begging to feel a little uneasy, then I put it into the batter and got really worried. when these little cakes came out of the oven they smelled divine. One bite is all it took. Even without the frosting they were heaven. The rhubarb that I was worried about being crunchy and bitter was soft and sweet.

I topped the cupcakes off with homemade whipped cream frosting. Cool-whip watch out I believe I will make my own whipped cream from now on for my homemade pumpkin pies. After a dollop of whipped cream these little bits of goodness received some rhubarb that was cooked in a sugar vanilla glaze, that I made of course.

I love the little black flecks the vanilla leave on the whipped cream. It makes for a beautiful contrast.

These I have to say are my favorite.


On a side note friend of mine that is living with us, Greg, came home with cupcakes from a meeting he went to. He said that the lady holding the meeting said "Greg I know you live with the cupcake lady but you can still take these home."


I like it. The CUPCAKE LADY

No comments:

Post a Comment