Monday, May 9, 2011

Devil's Food Cupcake with
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
.



Yesterday was Mother's day and my middle sons birthday, he turned 13. It was a wonderful day my family spoiled me and my husband made dinner, prime rib. Yummy.

Before I get to the cupcake I made yesterday let me tell you about the thoughtful gifts I received. For started my mother in law (Diana) and my husbands grandma (Dorothy) gave me a new standing mixer. An awesome kitchen aid. I love the fact that its heavy, and metal., and it came with the three attachments I would use the most. Kitchen aide is the best. Diana gave it to me on Wednesday a little early, but let me tell you why. I came home from work on Wednesday complaining that "I should just go get the mixer I want, I get paid tomorrow". So Diana was forced to show me the gift so that I wouldn't go get one on my own.

Here's the kicker to the story. I took the mixer out and placed it on the counter. Finally yesterday, Mother's day I went to use it. I dumped a boxed cake mix into it, Was planing on making a quick cake for my sons birthday, when I turned on the mixer and the blade spun around once and the stopped. We couldn't get it going and couldn't figure out why it stopped. It sucked. But my mother in law quickly packed it back up in the box and ran down to the store to exchange it. Let me say that one worked and it worked beautifully.

I also received the very cute pink with zebra trimmed apron from my mother in law. my husband was sweet he started my day with making breakfast and the gave me a rose and a card. he also gave each one of us moms int the house a t-shirt that says Thank you for all you do, you are the best Mom (for me) and grandma (for the grandmas). He gave me a new DVD the movie Country strong. but once I got my cupcakes in the oven my husband walked in with the most adorable cupcake tree. I had seen it before and refuse to pay what they wanted but my hubby said he couldn't pass it up. He is definitely a keeper.

Well let me get too today's cupcake a devils food cupcake with a ganache frosting. The cake came out moist and fluffy and not very sweet. I don't like that in your face sweetness you get sometimes. Ganache is just chocolate and cream put together to create a glaze type frosting. First time making this one. The story behind this was funny. When I made my shopping list I wrote down that I needed bittersweet chocolate chips and that's what I got but then I reread the recipe and cold not figure out where I read the bitter\sweet because what I was reading said I needed semi sweet. so I sent my husband to get me the correct chocolate. Let me tell you that on Sunday morning as I was gathering the ingredients for the frosting I realize I was looking at the wrong page and did need the bitter sweet.

Well after all the mishaps and misreads the cupcakes were finished and came out delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment