Sunday, July 3, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting



Ok, Ok I know I have already done this one, but I was not happy with it.
It wasn't red, it cooked up a brownish red color.
So I went out and found the red gel paste food color.
As I was preparing the batter,
all I could hear was Florian from cupcake wars saying he couldn't taste the chocolate,
so I made sure the chocolate was present.

It cooked up beautifully. I definitely had RED velvet.

The cream cheese frosting was also better than last time.
It was smooth and creamy and lite.

I will tell you that eating to many red velvet cupcakes does strange things to the body.
It colors your poop to be frank.
At one point my seven year old came to me and said
"Mom I have blood in my poop".
I had to explain to him that we had eaten too many cupcakes and it would go away.
Kids are so cute and do say some of the darnedest things.

Till next baking time.


No comments:

Post a Comment