Wednesday, June 22, 2011


Streusel Cupcakes


On Father's Day I decided to make a streusel cupcake. I love these. The cake itself isn't sweet but it's complemented by the crumbly streusel topping and little bit of sugar glaze that is drizzled over them. I could have eaten a dozen all by myself.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to make another cupcake, because the dog ate the last batch and that is just frustrating as all get out. But I did. I enjoy the baking because it makes me feel closer to my son who has gone on to Heaven before me. He always loved cakes and guilting me into baking them, but now I enjoy it because I know he would love the homemade flavor instead of the box version.

Well anyway this was a good cupcake and I just happen to love coffee cakes. Right now I feel at a bit of a loss as to what to say. I just can't stop thinking of my son Robert, It is a week away from the one year anniversary of his death and I can't stop thinking about him. I want to keep these posts on a happy note but it can be hard sometimes.

Not sure what the next cupcake will be because I have started jumping around in my cookbook. So until next baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment