Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
The other day I made strawberry cupcakes and they were pretty dog gone good, but the Frosting although good didn't come out right. There were fresh strawberries in the batter and frosting. The frosting was to be a meringue butter cream. Not quite what I ended up with. I am not sure where I went wrong, it could have been when warming the egg whites and sugar. I was afraid if I warmed it too long I wold cook the egg whites, but it was the consistency the recipe called for. It was to be warm and smooth once the sugar dissolved. Or it could be that I didn't whip it stiff enough, so that when I added the fruit it became runny.
No matter, because it was still delicious and they were all eaten up.
This is a difficult time of year for me because I had to pass through the days that marked a year since my oldest son Robert passed away. I turned to baking because when I am baking I can feel my son with me and it keeps him close. And the bonus is that my two other boys are happy when they get to taste my goodies created with love. Robert always asked me to bake him a cake, sometimes I would and sometimes, well I wouldn't. But that wouldn't stop him he would bake it himself. I miss him very much. Trevor and Kevin are lights in my life that keep me sane and grounded. I thank my God for them everyday. My husband is my rock but me baking is hard on him because he is diabetic. So I think I will substitute splenda for some of the sugar in my cupcakes from time to time. That way he can enjoy them without the guilt.
Well everyone, Till next baking time.
No comments:
Post a Comment