Wednesday, June 15, 2011



Snickerdoodle

Yesterdays cupcake was fashioned after a cookie.
The snickerdoodle.
This ended up being a nice and lite cake.
It smelled like a little bit of heaven while it was baking.
To me it smelled like cinnamon pancakes, yum my favorite.
The recipe called for the seven minute frosting
but I had to veto that one.
After trial and error I have come to realize
that I really don't like that frosting.
Its like a marshmallow that keeps getting stiffer and stiffer.
So I opted to make a whipped cream frosting.
Perfect choice.
It added to the light fluffiness of the cupcake.
Then dusted with a little sugar and cinnamon.

This morning was a bit disheartening
after going to reach for a cupcake
and realizing the damn dog had gotten to them again.
I will say it was partly my fault
for not putting them away and leaving them on the counter
where she could reach it.
But with seven other people in the house,
one would think, that if I went to bed early
because I was tired and had to work the next day,
that someone, anyone would assist me and put them away for me.

This is the third time the dog has feasted on my cupcakes,
leaves me not wanting to make anymore.
I don't know, just not feeling up to much lately.


Till next baking time.


No comments:

Post a Comment