Okay, here is my first cupcake for my new blog.
Let me start by explaining the name, "Cupcakes with Martha." I have become addicted to Cupcake Wars on the Food Network and the other day I ordered a cupcake recipe book from Barnes and Noble titled Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. So therefore I am baking cupcakes with Martha. There are 175 different recipes in the book, although some cupcake recipes repeat in order to do different decorations, I plan on doing them all and teach myself to do more than just apply some frosting.
Today was a learning experience for me, because I learned something new. Now don't laugh at me but I didn't realize that when you are in the baking isle at the grocery store looking for flour there are so many choices. I always knew you could find white flour and wheat flour and bread machine flour but did you know there is actually cake flour? I didn't. I'm not sure exactly what makes it so special but I can tell you my cupcakes are SO soft and fluffy and moist.
I also for the first time ever beat egg whites into submission. I got them to foam up and form soft peaks as called for. Although I think my arm will be sore in the morning because I did it by hand instead of using a mixer.
Now let me tell you about today's cupcake. It is a Chocolate Chip Cupcake with homemade chocolate frosting(Martha would not approve of store bought frosting). The cake itself isn't very sweet but when you pair it with the semi sweet chocolate chip frosting it is divine.
I have to say my oldest son Robert (whom I lost last year) would be proud of my cupcakes. So as I enjoy a cupcake and a glass of milk, Here's to you Son. Love you.
Till next time.
And I have to say... they were delicious!!!
ReplyDelete