Carrot Cupcakes.
Who would have ever thought of turning carrot cake into a cupcake. Well Martha Stewart did. While I'm sure she's not the first nor the last, I tried these today.
These are little bites of yummy goodness if I do say so myself.
Carrot cake reminds me of when I was little, I can remember my mom trying her hand at making the perfect carrot cake. She loved it so much but never really mastered the art. She would make some that were really cakey (is that even a word), some really oily and sometimes they would be so heavy you could break a window if you through it. My momma would be really proud of these Carrot Cupcakes I just made.
Let me tell you about the process. peeling and grating a pound of carrots is tiring and it looked like so much for the n umber of cupcakes I was making but it is the perfect amount. This recipe called for a vanilla bean, something I have never used, but I tried. Do you know how expensive these are. WOW. I cut it lengthwise and scooped the seeds out of it. I hadn't realized that a vanilla bean contained thousands of teeny tiny black seeds in them. I think using the real vanilla was worth it. The flavor of these cupcakes is divine.
Who would have ever thought that cream cheese could be made lite and fluffy. This recipe created the perfect cream cheese frosting. It was lite, it was fluffy, smooth and not to over powering or sweet. It was the perfect compliment for the carrot cake.
I would have never imagined me as a baker but I am truly getting a kick out of this. It is the best therapy I have come across. It makes me feel good and my family is enjoying the benefits.
Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment