Buttermilk Cupcakes
Today has been a rough day. Because of my issues with chronic pain making cupcakes today was especially difficult. I have degenerative joints in my c spine that are painful most of the time but are aggravated by stress and over use. Well I can control for the most part the use but the stress in life comes without asking. It took me over an hour to mix the batter and get it into the oven. So today I spent about 3 hours to make cupcakes that should have only taken half the time.
Today I made a basic white cake with buttermilk. I think the cake came out so moist and soft, it would be great just as it is. but I topped it with a vanilla icing in three different colors.
After making the cupcake batter I realized I may want to cut some of them in half or the scale will continue to go the wrong way. Say la vi.
Have you ever looked at a recipe and wondered how many times it was made before the perfect recipe was created. How did the chef come up with each exact amount. I know first hand winging it can result in some strange creations.
Well next time should be more interesting. I'm using coconut. not to hip on the flakes so I will see what I can do to stay true to the flavor.
No comments:
Post a Comment