Apple Pie Cupcakes
Last week I tried to venture on my own and create my own cupcake. I took a basic vanilla batter base and added cinnamon and diced Granny Smith apples. It was supposed to be topped with freshly made whipped cream. But to my surprise the heavy cream I had was outdated by more than a week, wasn't going to take a chance in making my family ill. So we went with canned whipped cream.
Every body had one cupcake and that was it. They said they were good but I just threw away the left over ones. I made 12 jumbo cupcakes and threw out 4, and I also made 12 regular cupcakes and threw out 9. This is after I cut the batter in half and they sat for almost a week.
It is a bit frustrating, going through the trouble to make something and no one eating them. I have been trying to get myself in the mood to make another cupcake but I don't seem to be in a hurry.
Til next baking time.
No comments:
Post a Comment